Wednesday, January 8, 2014

happy soul

on monday and tuesday, cole and i shared the bathroom while getting ready in the morning. i brushed my teeth as he shaved. i showered as he flossed. and after our quick, hurried morning routines, we were out the door and on our way to coffee, both decked out in the most amazing argyle socks - mine with neon yellow, his with turquoise (socks are my thing, and now, his!).

our days were busy. mine with nursing tasks. his with physician assistant work and student learning. we saw one another at a distance, down long white hospital halls. and we smiled in passing. i avoided grabbing his behind and he avoided kissing me. but somehow, we danced... flirtatiously. eyes twinkling at one another. hearts beating faster.

people on my unit know cole. my friends have spent time with him. my manager has met him at work functions. and because, over the last few months, i couldn't keep my excitement to myself, almost ALL of my nurse friends/colleagues have been anticipating his arrival. but it was the nutritionist's comment that made me smile the most. she is indian and although she speaks english well and with a beautiful accent, her comment came out differently than most people would say it. and i like her observation. she said this - "i see your soul happy today!"

that feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment