Saturday, February 25, 2012

terrible horrible no good very bad day

i had a terrible horrible no good very bad day on thursday. do you remember that book? anyway, in the midst of running around like a chicken with my head cut off, i got a phone call from our secretary who said in her very pleasant, calming voice, "christa, your daddy is at the front desk!" i didn't care that i was in the midst of admitting a new patient who needed five kinds of chemotherapy while on my shift, drawing blood from a 19 year old with a hematocrit of 19, and caring for the VIP nurse patient who has requested me to be her personal nurse. i dropped all tasks and zipped to the front desk. just seeing my cute little dad pacing at the front desk made my day. his demanding that we walk down 5 flights of stairs despite his cardiac disease and new flare of gout in his foot (making walking painful and hobbly) only made me laugh and love him more. he is one of the most stubborn people i have ever met. and i take right after him!

No comments:

Post a Comment