Monday, July 8, 2013

summer = stress

summer.

summer in seattle is beautiful.  for the few weeks that it lasts, i enjoy being outside and soaking up some sunshine.  i know it's good for my mind and my vitamin d levels.

but this summer.  i feel like i barely have time to breathe.

it doesn't help that this summer i am moving.  renting out my condo space.  volunteering one week of my time at a camp for developmentally disabled folks.  attending my first gay wedding (for a couple who has been together for more than 30+ years).  training for a 10k.  seeing every doctor i know for every body part that can get examined (why do i make doctor appointments for summer?).  and planning a trip to switzerland with cole to visit my dad's hometown.  oh, all the while working full time as a nurse.

not to mention, i am also supporting/loving a man who is moving.  who is sharing a living space with me (what is he thinking?!?).  who remains in school full time and is writing a thesis. who is planning a trip to switzerland.  who will be attending his first same-sex wedding.  and who, starting september, will have month long clinical rotations all over the state of washington.  first stop - yakima.  then - coupeville.  and finally - bellingham.  

this summer = stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment