Tuesday, March 19, 2013

coinkidinks

we live in a very small world.

yesterday, my 75 year old patient was visited by his pastor.  because i saw that he had a visitor, i chose to leave my patient alone for a while.  eventually, i decided i should complete my tasks - deliver medication and check his blood sugar.  so i interrupted.  and thus began the weirdest coincidence.

my patient's visitor, his pastor for the last 25 years, is the husband of the woman who babysat me from the time i was maybe 2 until i was 7 (when they moved from mercer island to lake forest park).  gail lived right between my pre-school and what would become my elementary school.  i was walked across the street everyday so that i could play in her sandbox with her two sons.  she helped to raise me since both my parents worked.

the man didn't recognize me.  and at first, i wasn't sure he was truly mike, gail's husband.  but when i asked if his son's nickname had been popo, i got the strangest stare.  then it clicked for him.  "i gave your sons the chicken pox!"  (his mom had me chew gum and share it with her little ones - to get it over worth).

i love coinkidinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment