Tuesday, December 3, 2013

visits at work

i don't know about other people's jobs. but mine is pretty inflexible. if i have a doctor's appointment, even if it's at 7:45 in the morning, i have to call in sick for a 12 hour day. or, if i need to pick up a friend at the airport, i have to make them take a taxi. i'm not aloud to come and go on a work day. i can't have a lunch break and go grab a bite at a local place. it's kind of a bummer. and makes work isolating and a bit inconvenient at times.

that's why when people visit me, it makes my ENTIRE day! it breaks up the 12 hours and makes work feel manageable. visits happen infrequently. but boy when they do, i LOVE it! sometimes my dad pops his head around the corner after he's gotten a blood draw. and to make the visit last longer, if i'm not busy, i walk him to the parking garage. fun, huh? it might not sound exciting, but it's the BEST. i feel so loved.

this sunday, a friend called and offered not only to stop by for a visit, but also, to deliver me my favorite coffee from my favorite coffee shop. what a friend! she even knows my drink by heart. and to avoid embarrassing myself, let's just say, it's not a simple drink. THAT is a good friend. seeing emma at the front desk made me smile. and having the opportunity to sit and chat with her for AN HOUR was the icing on the cake (not to mention, i got paid to hang out with one of my favorite people.... shhhh!).

it didn't even matter that the last two hours of my shift were crazy. i was caffeinated. and i felt loved...

thank you emma!

No comments:

Post a Comment