Thursday, June 20, 2013

diet coke and tootsie rolls

despite having a third patient added to my assignment late this morning, i had a good start to my shift.  in one hour and fifteen minutes, i saw all three patients, got their vitals, completed their assessments, delivered tons of scheduled medications, buckets of ice, and extra anti-emetics for those feeling particularly pukey.  my orthodontist patient gave me a full, free consultation, complete with pulling down my lips, assessing my gums, and quoting a cost for invisiline - the perfect alternative to braces.  the best part though was when my manager delivered to me a diet coke and ten tootsie rolls for talking to the joint commission yesterday and helping to make our unit and staff look good (i had told him yesterday that he owed me a drink and when asked, "what's your poison,"i responded with "a diet coke and tootsie rolls" - i mean, it's the best the gift shop can offer).

No comments:

Post a Comment