Thursday, December 22, 2011

poop

last week was shitty - literally. i got poop on my bare arm. only one time that i know of. but i might as well have bathed in shit. one day, in less than 20 minutes, i cleaned up the same patient three times. i worked four days out of five days last week and each day, i had the poopy patient. by the fourth day, i wanted to shoot myself. or her. not once did she thank me...

this week was quite the opposite. neither of my patients pooped (yeah for constipation)! and i was thanked a thousand times for cleaning bathrooms (just emptying urine), delivering buckets of ice, giving shots, and teaching side effects of chemo. when i left last night and said goodbye to my patient, she said, "you've been such a peach!"

i like constipated, kind patients. please let only these folks get cancer...

No comments:

Post a Comment