Saturday, May 15, 2010

part 4: refreshing day!

i woke up with swollen, puffy eyes today. i wonder if lasix (often known as the water pill) would have reduced the swelling? anyway, i had to force myself to go to work today. it was one of those days, the kind you really want to call in sick. but i went. and the best part... it was only an eight hour shift! here's what the day entailed:

- i infused more hope today! i gave a woman her second day of stem cells. three bags yesterday, three bags today (and she'll get two more tomorrow).

- my friends and i were able to take time to enjoy one anothers' company at work. we reminisced a bit about C, found his photos of facebook (from when he was healthy), and laughed together instead of cried.

- i left work at 3:30!

- i sat at starbucks and planned which seattle international film festival movies i can attend in the coming weeks. i wrote in my tangible journal. and i texted a few friends.

- i went on a 6+ mile run in the warm, late afternoon. it was a new route for me, all the way from my house to eastlake and back. got back and felt good!

- my mom and i went shopping to get a gift or two for my niece, emerson's, first birthday party tomorrow!

- i watched gray's anatomy! gotta keep up with the fake hospital drama. i deal with the real drama enough! wish there was a mcdreamy/steamy to drool over at my workplace.

i LOVE eight hour shifts. i feel human at the end of the day because there was more to my wakefulness than simply work.

No comments:

Post a Comment