Saturday, January 16, 2010

nursing gods

the nursing gods were good to me today. it's rare, but when it happens - what a gift! i was out late last night (reason not to be shared!) and felt exhausted when i woke up at 5:33. but, like the good girl that i am, i dragged myself to work. and although i had one total care patient, my other patient was incredibly sweet and self-sufficient! i had the opportunity to chat with my favorite PSS (patient service something/secretary) and share recipes. i folded some cranes. and i just plain enjoyed the nurses with whom i work. the day got even better when at 13:00, i won the coin toss that allowed me to go home at 15:30. woo hoo!!!

twelve hour shifts are SO long. and often times, SO hard. i always realize that when i have the opportunity to work a short day and see all of the other things i accomplish. i visited a friend i hadn't seen in a while. i ran 4.5 miles. and i even ate a relaxing dinner. currently, i am doing laundry and texting folks on the phone. might not sound like an ideal night, but it sure felt great. like i said, the nursing gods were on my side today. lord help me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment